MARKETING EVENTS CONSULTANT - Montreal - BDC
Posted datea month ago (March 26, 2018)
Due datea month ago (March 30, 2018)
RegionMontréal - Canada
This posting is for a consulting mandate .
The selected candidate will have to bill BDC for its services.
Are you ready to use your talent and creativity to have a tangible impact on the success of Canadas entrepreneurs? BDC is recruiting freelancers and consultants to fill the role of Marketing Events Specialist, which is responsible for delivering high caliber events to entrepreneurs. He/she will work closely with marketing and communications personnel, sales team members as well as external vendors to identify event goals, content, promotion, and coordinate all event communications and logistics.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Identify new opportunities as well as receive and assess requests for various marketing communications events including meetings, conferences, social gatherings and speaking opportunities based on preset criteria, such as alignment with BDCs visibility and business development goals and objectives.
- Oversee scheduling, planning, execution and delivery of both online and offline events, spanning from large conferences to small workshops and webinars.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify/define speaker(s), content, guest lists, collateral, branded promotional items and data collection methods that will ensure business goals are achieved.
- Negotiate with service providers on the cost and prices of various facilities and services, ensuring value for money.
- Function as an event manager, and own the following responsibilities: pre-event consultation and planning, venue selection, agenda and event flow development, event promotion and registration, printing and shipping of collateral and exhibit material(s), budget management, event staffing, follow-up and reporting.
- Write and edit promotional material.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in communications or public relations, or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in communications in a medium or large organization with a national presence with at least three years of experience in coordinating and delivering successful marketing events
- Experience in the financial sector and/or in B2B marketing is considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and in English
- Project management skills, including a proven ability to multi-task and deliver several deliverables under tight deadlines
- Sense of autonomy, creativity, attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of marketing automation software, preferably Eloqua and Engage, and online event hosting software, an asset.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.